United Parachute Technologies announced the new Sigma II Reserve canopy, produced by Performance Designs. available in two sizes: SR340 and SR370.
Improvements to the Sigma Reserve design compared to VR-360 include:
Ease of packing
- Cascaded Vectran line set
- Overall lower pack volume than the VR-360
- Color alternating line tabs to make line groups easily identifiable
Improved opening characteristics
- Wide range of possible deployment speeds
- Opening that meets the altitude or time loss requirements specified by TSO-C23f while still maintaining a comfortable inflation for the jumpers
Better performance in flight and landing characteristics
- Flies and lands more similarly to a tandem main parachute
- Slightly flatter glide than the VR-360
- Intuitive controls that allow for ease of turning
- Deep control range to reduce the likelihood of stalls.
- Designed to minimize toggle effort while maximizing the flare power on landing.
The release of the Sigma II Reserve is also paired with a new deployment bag that better contains the reserve lines. Testing was done using these bags, sized for both the Micro Sigma and Sigma.
NOTE: The VR360 is suitable for use in the SR370 bag. However, the SR370 will not fit in the Micro Sigma bag.
The Sigma II Reserve 370 is designed to fit both a standard Sigma container, and a Micro Sigma. Whereas, the SR340 is designed to fit only the Micro Sigma.